Sunday, August 6, 2017

Ramblin' Sunday Day

A friend mine posted about the loss of friends when they pass on to the next journey. It was about looking to find them and the not knowing where that friend went. So it got me to thinking about a lot of things. Before the cyber world we would prepare for our next journey with a will to whatever estate we have to leave what we have to the people and family we want all of it to go to. That way the state wouldn't get a hold of it and take what you want to pass on to your heirs. Well there's more to be done with our lives now immersed in the cyber world. Make sure you prepare for a family member or someone you love and trust to take care of your cyber pages. This way your friends will know you've passed to the next great journey....
So along with that my mind wandered and some words followed to write a new poem, my first in a very long time....
The Sound I Hear
The years have passed
You drift in my mind
All the emotions come back
That I had left behind
For the memories I feel
Sing the song to me
Hidden in my heart
Of what we could be
It's the sound I hear
With reason to fear
Touching you so dear
Wishing you were near
Awake for another day
Looking at the future
The sky falls away
And I'm so unsure
Reality blurs to a mist
Question to what to do
I am here and there
Knowing I did love you
It's the sound I hear
With reason to fear
Wishing you were near
Should I reach out
To find you still
Travel on down again
To climb up that hill
Once, we chanced to love
In the darkest night
Letting ourselves go
Leaving without a fight
It's the sound I hear
With reason to fear
Wishing you were near
As I gaze the stars above
I remember once, yes love

8-5-17 by Greg
 Image result for couples in love
 

3 comments:

  1. A very touching poem Greg. I'm glad you were inspired to write it. Yes, I agree that we should trust someone to let our online friends know when we are no longer in the real world :-)) Hmmm, what is the real world anyway? Sometimes this Twilight Zone seems pretty real. I am entrusting the announcement of my demise to my youngest daughter who used to be a prolific blogger herself, but now with a husband and a 21 month old baby, she just doesn't have time anymore. Hopefully one day she will revisit her blog and re-activate it. She does however do the Facebook thing with her friends so what can I say?? Facebook wins again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. The same for me Lia, my daughter will be the one to announce. Hopefully your daughter will re-activate her blog someday. I can see where she doesn't have the time right now. Well Facebook may have won for the moment. I saw this morning there that they are opening a marketplace. Sound familiar lol?
      Thanks for the thumbs up on my poem. Wow I must say it has been a long time since I wrote one of any length and it felt pretty good. Like all my poems and I bet you feel the same way. I don't find the words, they find me. (-:
      I had to delete the last comment since I made a spelling error. For some reason the plus wouldn't let me edit it. Actually all I did with my reply was correct the spelling error..

      Delete