Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday of Another Sunday Ramble

I had some thought of writing about the week. Starting with the anniversary of 9/11. I was going to write what I had written before on the other sites over the years about where I was when it happened. Instead this has turned into a lazy Sunday. It's beautiful and sunny here like a nice warm Summer day. Over the years many posts have been made about 9/11. On youtube there are probably millions of videos about it. The actual tv broadcasts are there. All the main networks were doing their morning shows when it happened. Last year I watched some of those. It's still as horrifying and heartbreaking as the day of the attacks. And beyond that there are I don't know how many videos of a 9/11 conspiracy. From unidentified aircraft to there were no planes at all but bombs planted in the towers. And I will leave this here..
So this week was another long one. It seems my job has become one of those things I do because of the monetary value not where I would like to be. I live for the weekends. To be free from the days of doing what we have to do and hoping I can retire at a decent age. It's the American dream right? As we get older we realize society pretty much casts us aside. It's a young people's world....
Ok I hadn't planned to make this post so depressing. It's just I feel weary sometimes and know tomorrow is back to the grind. Weekends just go by too darn fast. So I wish you all a wonderful week ahead. Till next time......
 

2 comments:

  1. I think we all remember where we were and what we were doing when the first plane hit on 9=11. Kind of like those of us of a certain age, remember the day Kennedy was assassinated. Some things will forever remain in our memories forever.

    I have a friend who retired two years ago. Now she sits around not knowing what to do with her days. She says she feels useless. So be sure to have a plan on how you will fill your time when you do finally retire. :-) You are right though, weekends do fly by and I think a lot of people get to that point where they work because they have to for the money, but not for the love of the job. Hope this week goes by quickly for you. Hugss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do remember where we were. I looked through my posts here and I didn't write about it here. It was a surreal moment for me.
      Well I do have lots of things I can do once I retire. I'll have time to do them. (-:

      Delete