Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sunday 10-21-18

It's been quite awhile since I posted a blog. And this blog is one of those that no one really wants to read. Some weeks ago my GF decided she doesn't want to have dialysis treatments anymore. I understand why. It's not an easy thing though. Without the treatments, well you can guess where it will all lead. I've taken leave from work so I can be with her. She's at that point now where she doesn't talk much and has trouble putting thoughts together. For me I just wake every morning saying to myself "Just one more day". 
Life takes its many turns and moves very quickly even when we feel sometimes that time can stand still. So to end this blog, I'm going to add a video of one of her favorite songs....
 

4 comments:

  1. I really don't have any words my friend... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Greg, you know my heart is breaking for you, and for her. I am sure she didn't make the decision lightly and I know she had to have grown tired of the fight. I'm glad you are able to take some time off to be with her and I hope when the time comes you can be strong and know that she is in a better place. No more pain, she will be free.

    I love this song. I used to sing it while sitting in the back of my dad's station wagon when we would go somewhere lol. I always wanted to see this "almost heaven West Virginia" and several years ago I finally did and I know those words are true. It is beautiful in those WV mountains.

    Love you my brother 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can be strong. Each day is a little harder.
      When I met my GF she had all these John Denver albums. I only knew the songs I heard on the radio. Long story short I recorded them on cassette for her so she could listen to them on her walkman. (((Hugs)))

      Delete