Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Ramble Scramble

Well I had some things I wanted to write about but instead I'm passing on those things. I took a couple days off work making it a four day weekend. I had a lot I wanted to accomplish but all that didn't work out lol. Today was the busy day. Plus a beautiful perfect day. The best weather all year as far as perfection goes. The next few will warm back up again and add to those above average temps we've seen of late. As for today it was nice to enjoy some of it without being at work. You never really get the full beautiful day when you're at work. The other things I've been doing for the past few days is going to the sites I have pages on. I still have too many. Way back when I first joined a social site, it was the only one I had. When it closed or was getting ready to the mad scramble began to go to another site. Now after a few or more scrambles, to stay in touch with everyone, too many pages have come and gone. A friend mentioned something interesting today. When we keep in touch by email with friends from a site we formally were once on, it only lasts so long. I don't know what it is exactly that makes that happen. Well I have ramble on long enough, let's see if I can do something interesting after these lines........

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I think the reason is because if we are writing on a site, we end up doing our communicating on that site and trying to keep up with others who are not on the site for whatever reason, ends up taking up extra time, so people choose to just blog where they are at and friendships fade away. There are exceptions. I made friends with a lady on 360 years ago. She moved to Multiply with me, but then after that closed she didn't blog anymore. We still talk by email or on messages most days and on the phone. But we had met in person a couple of times when I was in Virginia so it became a face to face friendship too . I like the cloud :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. I've not met any of my blog friends face to face. Always something I'd like to do.
      Looks like we sorta followed the same path. Starting on 360 then to Multiply. I'm still in contact somewhat with my first 360 friend on that Facebook place.
      I guess I'm in some kind of limbo. I like to blog but I'm just not doing so...

      Delete
    2. Well it is hard to blog when there is no interaction. I wish something like Multiply would open up and everyone could just go there, but I don't think it's going to happen . Blogster could have been a good place, but there are too many "mean" people there for my liking and when one of them decided to follow me around calling me a "twat" , that was the final straw for me. I don't have time in my life for hatefulness and there is too much of it over there for me.

      Delete
    3. Blogster could be a very great site to blog. But as we have found out, there are just too many mean nasty people there. I still wish a site like Multiply would come around. I doubt it will happen. The options there were the best of any site I've ever seen. None of the new sites we've tried have that. Nor the ones we landed on, like this one..

      Delete
  2. Today was absolutely gorgeous out. I spent all afternoon outside with my kids and grandkids. This is the kind of weather I love. Warm enough to wear shorts, yet cool enough to have the windows open.
    Blogging just hasn't been the same since Yahoo 360 shut down. I don't think I'll ever understand why they shut it down. It was getting more and more popular as time went on.
    Now, like you, I have to go to many pages to catch up with old friends. It's a pain in the butt and I've lost touch with so many since those days. Ahh such as life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jamie, blogging hasn't been the same since 360. I think all of us who were there have asked that question, why did they shut it down as it was getting more popular everyday. We'll never know. The profile deal Yahoo left us with afterward was plain dumb. I too have lost so many since we all scattered to different places. And went through it all again when Multiply closed..

      Delete