Sunday, August 13, 2017

Once Upon A Ramble

Sometimes when you're thinking of what to write, things happen. So Saturday morning I took my dog out. Saturdays at 6:15 in the morning is very quiet in the neighborhood. Just the birds a singin'. Well while we were standing there I hear what sounded like some woman singing. It was quite far away and soon I recognized that it was the Star Spangled Banner. Now I knew there was no baseball going at the time. Our city has a minor league baseball team. So what was it that was going on. I didn't figure it out until hours later when I headed over to the bank. Yes I still use cash for some things. On my way I soon discovered what it was all about. It was a local marathon run. They did that last year too and I couldn't get to the bank right away. I went down to the street I usually turn on and a police officer said I couldn't go that way because it was a part of the marathon. So I told him where I was going hoping he would offer an idea. Well he didn't have a clue where the bank was that I was going to. It was maybe a mile away in a shopping center that had been there forever. Today it would be called a strip mall I imagine but was before that term existed. Plus it was built many years before there was ever a mall in our area. So this 20 something police officer didn't know a thing about the neighborhood. Nor did he seem to know the streets and area I mentioned. You would think he would know the entire marathon route, right? So I asked when it would be over. He said around a half hour. So I headed home instead and went much later than usual. 
I wonder how many people have Photobucket accounts still. I don't have many pics there and have only been using a few on the other sites I'm at for part of my page theme. A lot of people at those sites have lots of pics at Photobucket and found they were no longer working for their themes. I tried going into my account a couple weeks ago and it was a nightmare trying to do anything in Photobucket. I did get my pics to work again. So today I noticed they weren't working again. And here's why. Now you must pay to have them to work. They set a standard that your codes will only work for a large amount of stored pics. Which as I said I don't have. So much for a free account 'eh?  When I logged in there today I could at least work with it. Kinda back to normal except the pay part. I didn't sign up for it either. As I looked at my pics, I got rid of a few I didn't want anymore and downloaded the ones I'm not sure I have backed up anywhere else. Here's one I took from my mom's flower garden in the corner of the backyard from years ago.....
 

4 comments:

  1. I still have a photobucket account... although I haven't used it in awhile. I always found photobucket slow.
    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only used Photobucket for the html codes it provides for your pics.
      Thanks for reading and have a great week yourself (-:

      Delete
  2. Pretty bad when the policeman doesn't know the streets to offer an alternative route lol. I have photobucket, but haven't used it in so long I don't know if I even remember the log in info. I think I have it written down though ... somewhere LOL. That's a nice picture. You should take more :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should log into your photobucket if you can. I had forgotten about some of the pics I had in mine. Too bad they are going the money route just to use it.
      This is one pic I took with my camera. I need to get me another camera. The one with the phone is ok but still not like an actual camera.

      Delete