Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sunday Ramble the Last of August

To start with our hearts go out to the people of Texas. This morning we were watching CBS and it was non stop coverage of Harvey bringing devastation to Texas. The reporters were on scene. They were also stuck and couldn't go anywhere. From the bridge they were on the highway looked like a river. To top it all off, the next few days the rain will keep coming. I can't imagine the nightmare for the people there. Their homes flooded out and everything they own is destroyed. It's heartbreaking. And we're going to see more of these storms in the future. The news didn't mention it but these severe storms are part of Global Warming. Most likely it's too late to do anything to slow it down. Our political world has turned a blind eye to it despite all the evidence and warnings.
Ok enough doom and gloom. So this afternoon we quit watching the destruction and watched the baseball game. It helped get those images out of our heads. Soon the Summer will fade away and Fall will arrive. We're looking forward to it. Maybe it will stay around and not turn into Winter this time....

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with those in Texas. I know first hand what flooding can do and the massive clean up they have once everything is said and done.

    I have to tell you, I love the name of your blog. It's perfect for you. I don't think it's the name you used in the past is it?

    While I'm not a fan of winter I, too,am ready for fall. The cooler days. Seeing the array of colors mother nature presents to us. It's such a beautiful time of year. Spring and Fall are my favorite times of year.

    Is there a way to subscribe or be notified when you post a new blog? I noticed you post on goggle+ but I don't pay a whole lot of attention.
    I know on my blog I have a spot where you can subscribe and you will get an e-mail when I write a new blog. I'm not seeing anything on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie. I used nightfall at Multiply along with my name.
    I do love the Fall colors too. And yes Spring and Fall are my two favorite seasons as well.
    There is a way to subscribe and get an email. I'll have to ask my other friend who writes here how it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It breaks my heart to see all the devastation in Texas, and it hits home for me having lived in a couple of those places that have been hit with the hurricane.
    What is Fall? What is Winter? I have forgotten those seasons since moving here to the land of eternal summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The devastation is just mind blowing. And more rain is to come. It breaks my heart. I drove through the pan handle 30+ years ago, that's all I know about Texas. And it was one nasty thunderstorm too!
      Oh yes you only have one season lol...(-;

      Delete