Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday 3-10-2019

First I have to make a correction about my last post. I'm not your steppin' stone was written by Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart. This songwriting duo wrote a lot of the Monkees songs and hits. The Neil Diamond song I was thinking of was I'm a believer. A big hit for the Monkees. They did a few Neil Diamond songs. Last night I was listening to a greatest hits cd by the Monkees and wow I forgot how good some of the songs are even today. I also learned something I didn't know about the song the Last train to Clarksville. It's about a young man leaving to go to Vietnam. A lot of young lives were cut short in that war and nothing was good about it at all. Anyhoo to further tribute to the Monkees, here's another song by Neil Diamond that they did besides I'm a Believer....


 I find myself looking
I find myself thinking
I find myself bleeding
I find myself needing
Closure..

2 comments:

  1. Songs were so much better back in the day... It's a shame that we forget about some of these songs till one of the singer/musicians die.

    As for the poem, closure will come one day, when it is time. Hang in there dear one 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 100%. Music was much better back in the day. It is a real shame we forget about the singer/musicians until they pass away. I would bet there was a spike in the Monkees songs sales.
      I'll get there my friend. Writing some of the moments I'm feeling into poems is good therapy.

      Delete