Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday 3-17-2019

Sometime this week a song popped into my head. Then another and thoughts about the musicians. So it got me to thinking about Hal Blaine. He was a studio musician who played drums on many of the songs I grew up with. So I looked him up on Wednesday. He's credited with 35,000 sessions and 6,000 singles. I was quite amazed. The two albums I remember his work on are Bookends by Simon and Garfunkel and Homecoming by America. On reading more about him (Gotta love Google and Wikipedia) I saw he had just passed away at age 90. Two days before I looked him up. It was one of those weird moments. Thinking about him and learning he just passed away. Another weird thing is I didn't see anything about it on the news sites or on the tv news. With this much work to his name one would think there would be some mention of his passing. Or maybe I missed it on the tv news but I know I saw it nowhere on Yahoo that I view every morning. Anyhoo one of my favorite songs that he plays on is California Revisited. Here's a video of the song to honor the memory of one of the greatest American drummers of all time. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
 

3 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with him, but probably tons of the songs since you and I grew up with the same music. Too bad there was no mention of his death considering all he did. Or maybe I missed it too. Love this song, been a long time since I have heard it. I have been gone all week, but things are getting back to normal so I need to do a blog. I really need to find my muse again and start writing.

    Hope you are doing well my dear one.

    Hugss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look him up. You'll be very surprised at the songs he played on when we grew up. I imagine not every album had his name in the credits.
      Don't worry we'll find our muse again. (((Hugs)))

      Delete
  2. Thanks Stacey. I did have a nice St. Patrick's Day. Hope your week is a great one too. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete