Sunday, August 11, 2019

Sunday 8-11-2019

It's August 11, 2019. What?? This year is flying by now. Time has sped up. Seems like it anyway. Another wonderful week here. The Summer wanted at long last. Another round of golf yesterday with my brother and nephew. Good times. Like usual when I sit down to write a post, I'm never sure what I'm going to tap on the keys. I've been enjoying this retirement so much that I can't seem to come up with new ideas for a post. So I'll use old ideas. I've been listening to this 60's station when I take off in my car and am really enjoying the songs from the past. More so than many that are the new artists these days. Also I tune in to a channel called the Coffee House. It plays acoustic songs. Many by new artists and a better version of their songs than their pop radio versions. Back to the 60's. Here's one just about everyone knows. It was not only a 60's hit but was and is performed by many artists. I don't even know if this 60's version I'm about to post is the original or not but it was the one that became a hit. You've also heard this song in many tv shows and movies. That's it for this week's post. Until next time. Peace, Love and Rock n' Roll...
 

4 comments:

  1. Haha, it is a catchy tune. I didn't like it when I was younger. It sounded too much like "dad" music, but now I think it could grow on me. I am still swamped with company, but I hope one day this will slow down. I feel like my life has been taken over by all these people! Hope you have a great week Greg. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it either when I was younger lol. I guess over the years with it used about everywhere it grew on me.
      Well maybe your company isn't planning on leaving LOL! You have a great week too Lia. xxo

      Delete
  2. O.M.G!!! It's Bobby Rydell!!!! *swoons*
    He WAS the cats meow! Though this song was before my time as was his popularity, I still know who he is and still swoon at his next door boyish smile.

    ReplyDelete