Friday, August 30, 2019

Friday 8-30-2019

It's almost the end of August already. Where has this year gone? Soon Summer will be over too. Fall will be welcome but that dastardly Winter will come again. It's been a pretty good Summer, many hot days for sure. Much better since I retired. I don't have to melt at work and as hot as it has been I sure I would have. This week we had some cool mornings. Perfect to have the doors open and get some fresh air instead of just the AC. Monday there was a knock on the door. It was a woman who had a tablet in her hand. She shared a quote from the Bible. I can't remember which book it came out of or whether she said where she was from. And that was it, just two minutes to share an inspirational word to a stranger. She left no information of a church she probably belonged to or anything else. Wherever she came from I thought it was nice thing to do. 
So as usual I've been listening to the 60's station on Sirius and those years had so much great music. I could post some 20 videos but don't worry I won't. Every time I listen I think "that's a good song to put in my blog". So I will go with one from today. Happy Labor Day..
 

3 comments:

  1. So let me try again. I wish I could say Fall would be welcome, well I could say it, but that won't make Fall happen here lol. We have summer and not quite summer for the most part all year long. Though we do have a pretty pleasant winter/summer.

    I never open my door if I don't know who it is knocking. I look out the window and if it is a stanger, I don't open the door. There are too many crazies down in Florida, so have to be cautious.

    That song!! At first I didn't recognize it, but after it played a bit I remembered it. You sure find some real oldies but goodies :-)

    Have a great week Greg <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh at last your comment stayed. Well I usually don't open my door either without looking out the window to see who it is. As it was my door was partially opened but I had my screen door locked. So at first I thought who could this elderly woman be? She did have a partner, I forgot to say that. He was down on the sidewalk by my neighbor's house. So I figure they were from some church but I was glad they didn't ask anything from me but to deliver a Bible message. Everyone can use some inspiration and that's how I took it.
    I know you would like to say Fall is welcome. But I know from everything you've said, you live in the land of eternal Summer. Me I welcome Fall but as you know from everything I've said I hate what comes after lol.
    Sirius offered me a deal I finally couldn't refuse. For around $3 a month I can have them on the radio in my car for 36 months and no auto renew. So I took it this time. Since you and I grew up in the same period of time what I listen to most is their channel that plays the 60's music. That's how I'm finding these oldies and to tell you the truth, this one I didn't recognize at first either lol.
    I pray hurricane Dorian turns around and knocks itself out. In my prayers my friend. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacey, hope things are going well in your part of the world. (-:

    ReplyDelete