Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday 9-14-2019

It's been a long time since I posted anything. Still making progress, one day at a time. An old friend of mine came into town this week for his high school reunion tonight. So Friday I met up with him for lunch. It was the greatest. We got caught up with about everything. It's the funniest thing the way people are. It's been almost 20 years I think since I last saw him and when we sat down to have lunch it seemed like it was just yesterday that we were talking. I don't know why that is but it seems even distance and years just disappear when you see an old friend. Well this is another short one, just moving along down the highway of life...here's another classic...
 

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean!! I met up with my old high school friend a few years ago when she was visiting - and it was like no time passed. She lives in California now, so we email. But up until now, we hadn't had any contact at all! Funny how life goes. It just reinforces my belief that we meet people we are MEANT to meet, and they travel with us through may lives. Souls recognize souls.

    I'm glad you feel you're making progress. Loss is hard to deal with no matter who or what. As always - sending love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too clear when I wrote this. The friend I met up with wasn't one of my high school classmates. Many years ago when he was in college he was the drummer in the band that I had. We could have been called a garage band but we actually played in a basement. Someday I will tell the story of the band days. Anyhoo he lives in California too. But still the story is just like you said. Souls recognize souls. Time apart and then meeting up again it's like no years have passed at all, right? It's a wonderful thing.
      It's still within the first year which not long from now a year will have gone by. Thank you Kat for being a wonderful friend. *Hugs* & *Love*

      Delete
  2. I have a friend that I have known all my life. She lives in Indiana so we don't see each other often, but when we do, it is like we have been talking all along. we just pick up where we left off. Glad you got to see your friend. Don't wait too long to catch up with him again :-) Hope you have a great week and I like the song, another good oldie !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth? Just like we picked up where we left off. I keep in touch by email mostly now with my friend and as he pointed out to me at lunch, he's very bad at replying and writing very often. He said he's just bad at that lol. But I will write him in the morning anyway.
      Glad you like the oldie! As you can tell I'm really into the songs we grew up on lately. It was the best music for sure. My next one will get you thinking. I hope you have a great week too without too much Chaos! *Hugs* & *Love*

      Delete