Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday 3-28-2020

And so it continues. Each day new cases of the Coronavirus. America now has the most. America delayed too long before steps were put in place to try to stop and slow down the spread of this virus. And still there is a long way to go before the virus peaks. Meanwhile Congress has passed a stimulus package to slow down economic destruction. 
We live in a funny world. Over the years with so much doomsday talk this virus isn't taken as seriously as it should be. Only time will tell how devastating it is. One thing is certain. The economic impact will be devastating.
So most of us are staying home, only going out for the necessary things we need to survive. Some have gone overboard and have hoarded many items thus denying many of us the things we surely need to get. I say to any of those people who are doing this, may you drown in all the things you have hoarded. 
So early this week was my birthday and someone suggested I should make it a week celebration. That seems to be the thing to do these days. So yes I sort of did. Of course there was nowhere to go or anyone to celebrate with.  But last Sunday I did get to celebrate it with my grand kids before the stay at home became official. We also celebrated our Christmas from last year since we couldn't do that at the time. I can't tell you how awesome that was. Nothing is more precious to us older folks than the grand children. I sure enjoyed myself. 
So this week I listened to some music I hadn't listened to in awhile. Here's one of the songs.....

 

3 comments:

  1. A lot of people are getting sick, some are dying, quite a few, but I try to focus on the MANY who recovered. I can't dwell on the bad side of this. I am worried about the economic impact of this, but you know, people are resilient and no matter what I think we will bounce back. Actually in some respects, maybe it will teach us all to appreciate the abundance we have enjoyed in this country. I have a blog in my head if I ever get myself to sit down and write it, which addresses my own observations about myself through this. Anyway, sorry I missed your birthday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Greg!!! Hugs and loves.

    Lia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, we'll make it through this crisis. Our world can never be the same again of course. I think the majority of us will appreciate what was and never take things for granted again. One side note about the whole crisis. What we should have learned from this, is the world really isn't prepared for a pandemic.
      Thank you for the birthday wishes and am glad you also love Enya. (((Hugs)))

      Delete