Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Sunday Ramble

Well it's a Sunday already. I say that because the weekends fly by while the work week seems to drag on. So I thought I would write some more personal stuff today. To pave the road ahead and how this trip got me here. As I spoke in my last ramble it's been just over a year now since my dad passed on. The beginning of this year the purchase of my mom and dad's home became final. Took a long time. Governments whether state or federal are slow. So I purchased the home I grew up in by buying my siblings out. My gf the dog and me live here where so many memories seem fresh in my mind again. It's been an adjustment and there is still so much work to do to make it into a home. A lot more work than you imagine when you buy your own home. Still I think this is my parents home. I wonder when that feeling will fade away. This house was central to our family. For many years there were holiday get togethers. Until my parents couldn't handle all that action lol. Meaning grand kids and things like that. So I still think fondly of all those holidays and great family times we had together. 
In the morning when the day begins
Hear the voices in the winds
That take you through your memories
Of days long ago caught in the breeze
Look around and find comfort
In the feelings gathered of a sort 
That brings you back for you to see
The looking glass of when you were free...
~gw 5-7-17~
 

5 comments:

  1. I think it's nice you could buy the house and live in it now! Much better than renting, and you can fix it up to be just what you want. I don't remember ever feeling "free" although I suppose I was once. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have a home instead of renting. That's all I've ever done before getting the house.
    It was when we had a band that I felt most free. In the music. Our first start up of the band was in the basement of this very home. My drums are still here though they need some repair to them now. (-: xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish when my dad had passed away that I would have been in a position in my life where I could have bought his place. The house wasn't anything special but there were 20 acres of land that myself and my siblings grew up on. I was living in South Carolina at the time though, raising my own kids and didn't have the money back then , not to mention the house is in Indiana ! You are so fortunate to have been able to purchase the home you grew up in . I can imagine there are many great memories there. Nice write Greg and love the poem xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lia. Lots of great memories. I was glad I was able to buy it. xxo

      Delete
    2. That's cool your childhood home had so much land. Mom and Dad's place is a typical city lot. As things get greener I'll do a backyard post with another interesting story. (-:

      Delete