Sunday, July 9, 2017

Sunday Ramble, the Week That Was..

Well I was thinking of what to write today and nothing was coming to me. Then as I type little things pop up in my mind and here the blog takes a mind of it's own. So once again let's start with politics. Congress is on their Summer break and I was on vacation this week so there's nada for politics. While I was off I ignored the news and blues that tv gives us a daily dose of. I had planned on getting a lot of work done around the house while I was off. I got a good start on lots of stuff but still not as far along as I wanted to be before I return to work tomorrow. Still...needed to have some time to get some much needed rest. After 9 days off it will be hard getting back in the groove this week. All in all it was a good week. The weather people were all wrong again and it's been beautiful here. I love when they are wrong. Not that there wasn't storms in the area, they just didn't hit here with the severe stuff. That didn't stop all the weather alerts especially the ones on the phone weather app. Speaking of apps. There's an app for everything these days. And everybody pushes their app. I imagine most people are like me and get sick of "Get our app". If I want to download an app I will but please quit trying to push it on me. 
So let's just say this post is about mindless nothingness. Let's start this week with tons of smiles. Yes it's July already. This week lots of fireworks were set off before the 4th and after the 4th. I didn't have to go anywhere to see a nice firework show. There's a house down the street, about a half a block that put on a great show. Last year being the the first 4th of July here in our new home they did a great show then. My neighbors across the street told me they do it every year. This year was even better than last year and I could see this time that they have a lot of her putting on a spectacular show. It's ironic because no police showed up. Our street was covered with cars of people coming for their party and the show. The ironic part is fireworks are basically illegal to set off. 
That's about it for this Sunday post..be good......
 

2 comments:

  1. I know you hate that you will be going back to work. That is always hard to do especially after that many days.

    Me, I haven't done much this week since I have the plague that you sent to me hahaha !! Feeling a little better today though so hopefully it is almost gone.

    Thank goodness there is are no politics. Those jokers don't get anything done when they are there and when they do manage to do something, it just screws the country up even more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be hard tomorrow for sure. The day will drag. Gotta do what we gotta do, right?
      Glad you're feeling much better. Sorry I sent the plague down your way lol...
      Oh you said it alright. At least the past week they couldn't screw anything up! Now that it's over....(-;

      Delete