Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sunday Ramble

To start with, it was a very long week. All the while this weekend is flying by. This past week was my first week back after a week of vacation. Wow how it seemed so long. It's a a matter of how we perceive things. After all everyday is 24 hours, right? 
My friend Lia started a new thing called "mouthing off " in her blogs and for her suggestion I think I'll do so too. And I'll do what I've always mouthed off about. Drivers. It gets worse everyday. You gotta be more mindful now when the light turns green for you these days. I saw what could have been a horrific accident the other day. A bus getting ready to turn left opposite me as the light was about to change. Two cars ran the red light. The first one could have stopped easily so you know what that means about the second one. So Saturday I picked up a newspaper. During the work week I usually read some of one while at lunch. My co-worker brings it in. I usually just read the community section with the daily comics in it. Yes that's the best part of the paper. So Saturday's front page story was about a 24 year old being charged for hitting two 17 year olds who were walking in the street. The driver was driving northbound and the two kids were walking northbound. When I grew up it was always common sense to walk toward the oncoming traffic. That said I'm not faulting the kids. Police say the driver was texting and driving. WTH? Has this generation lost all common sense? Sadly the two kids were killed. So I wonder have we failed as parents and teachers not teaching common sense to our kids? I would not in a million years have the thought to text and drive. 99% of the time I won't answer my phone while I'm driving. 
Ok that's all for mouthing off for this post. All in all it's been a pleasant weekend. The weather has turned out great. We lucked out not to have had the big storms they said would happen Thursday night and Friday morning. If we had got them I wouldn't be writing today since I figure the house would have floated away to somewhere....
Let's start this week giving some of that common sense back to our younger generations. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, don't even get me started on drivers. You are taking your life in your hands every time you get on the roads these days. I see people texting or talking on the phone all the time and not paying attention to their driving. But even before that, years ago before cell phones, I used to drive my kids to school every morning. Almost every day I would see this guy with a newspaper spread out across his steering wheel, reading the paper while he drove !!! People are so stupid !! I'm glad you got some mouthing off done on your blog. It helps to get it off our chest even if it is just writing it down . Have a great week Greg. Maybe this one will go by quicker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too remember seeing someone reading something while driving before the cell phone era. It's unreal to me that people do stupid stuff like this. You're in a ton of metal and plastic moving very quickly!
      Thank you Lia, it felt good to write it all down. After I read the paper Saturday. I didn't mention the other article next to the girl being charged. Someone else ran a red light and hit a Firetruck. The only good in that was the Firetruck was not on an emergency. Hopefully the week will fly by! Make yours a great one too! xxo

      Delete