Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sunday 7-28-2019

At last it has been pleasant here weather wise. The last three days have been dry with lots of sunshine and lower humidity. This is the way I remember Summer when I was a kid. The hottest days yet to come. August was always a heatwave compared to the rest of the Summer. Well it hasn't been that way for a long time. The changes in weather patterns is so bizarre these days. Now that you're completely bored with the weather report, yesterday I went golfing once again with my brother and my nephew. I'm improving but I'm still a terrible golfer. Yet it's something I always said would be nice if a person wasn't working. It's some exercise and you're outside enjoying the pretty days we can have here on Earth. The bonus part is spending time with some of my family. Like always we stopped for breakfast afterwards at the local diner. Doesn't get much better than that! Be well and enjoy life's precious moments...
 

3 comments:

  1. I remember summers in Indiana and you are right, it wasn't till August when it got really hot and then only for a short time because by September the winds of Fall were moving in and we would get those cool crisp nights and mornings. As for golf, I have never tried playing golf and I feel sure I would never be good at it if I did. I don't see how some people get a hole-in-one ever LOL. But you were spending time with family and that is the best thing :-) Have a great week Greg xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how August and September were here as well. Now it's so different. We see some 80's in September. The weather is all messed up. And storms are getting more powerful.
      Believe me I'm no good at golf either lol. I think luck has a hand in a hole-in-one. Each club has a certain distance it can hit the ball. For an amateur like me can't hit the distance a pro can with each club. So as you golf you kinda figure out how far you can hit with each club if you hit it correctly. For example a 9 iron I should be able to hit it 80 yards. Most of time I'm not even near that lol. Now Tiger can hit a ball with a 9 iron and probably hit 150 yards. Anyhoo long story short, from the tee off to the hole every course tells you the distance. Since you know the distance you can pick the club that should get you close to the hole in one shot on a hole that it's possible to do that. That's where luck comes in. The chances of a hole in one isn't that high, a little luck and then you have it!
      Thank you Lia. The best thing about golf is the family time and being outdoors. Have a great week yourself. xxo

      Delete
  2. Thank you Stacey. I wish the same to you. xxo

    ReplyDelete