Saturday, June 3, 2017

Ramble on and on....sorta..

Today as I was cutting the grass I thought of a lot of things to ramble on about. Wish I could remember them all now.  Today has been the most beautiful day here all year. It's still about 84 degrees as I write this. So like my friend here, I too am writing about weather. It's the thing to do when thoughts just don't come and it always explains the day/night where we live. For the record our average rain is around +10 inches. It's a lot. The past decade has sure made storms a lot different than when I was growing up. All around the world devastating storms have caused havoc on a scale we have not seen. And it's global warming. There is no denying that fact. The arguments you hear don't say it's not real. They say things like, we're not adding to it. Well science says we are adding to it. Fake science says the opposite. I don't like to do political stuff but this country is in trouble. The big joke is our politics. It gets worse everyday. And now the top brass is going to break the regulations so we can add more to global warming. It's time to get ready for a big meltdown. Our government has become one big circus and it's about to fall as we isolate ourselves from the rest of the world. Good thing I won't post this at that "asylum" of a social site, I'd be in deep do-do lol. 
So anyhoo this part of my post wasn't what I had my mind as I mowed the grass today. What I was thinking about was my neighbor family across the street whom didn't  live there when I was growing up, posted a sign in his yard congratulating his daughter's graduation from high school. The very school I graduated from as you can guess. Made me realize how much time goes by and suddenly you become aware that a lot of it has. My grand daughter is also graduating from high scool this year and will be headed off to college in the fall. How time flies.....
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greg, the country and the world is in deep do do and I really don't know if it will get better or just continue to get worse. I think probably worse, though I hate to sound pessimistic. I guess that is why I try to find pleasure in the "now" and in the little things in life.

    We got MORE rain today , YAY !! There, that satisfies my weather report lol.

    I was just telling a guest of mine last evening about my oldest granddaughter who will graduate in two years. It's so hard to believe. Seems she was just a baby. At this rate, I might live to be a great grandmother. EEKS !!! Thanks for posting your ramble. You are one of the few left who bothers to write more than a one line post anymore.

    Hugss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got more rain. While it has been a drought for you, dang it has been a wet one for us.
      I hear ya, egads! I remember my grand daughter as a baby, almost missed it but that's another blog. I know, can't imagine but me as well being a great grand daddy, ohhh wow, just the thought of it..xxo

      Delete