Sunday, June 25, 2017

Ramblin' Sunday-Bits and Pieces

Another Sunday is here. Seems the weekend goes fast and before you know it, Sunday afternoon is here. Like many let's start with weather. This weekend has turned out to be pleasant after all. The storms didn't get here in my part of the world. At least not in my neighborhood. Cool 70's breezy and partly cloudy. Refreshing after a hot and humid week. My friends in Florida would say "What you mean Willis?" since it was high 80's and low 90's and high humidity. What made it bad for me was my workplace. Nasty hot in the shop I work at. Lots of sweat for me. Still my Florida friends probably would say "that's not so bad, high 80's." And would say this weekend was a cold one lol. But it feels good to me.
I don't usually post politics, I did some at the asylum but I learned that wasn't too good but I kept that safe. Congress is working on a new Health care bill and it's a real joke. They are gung-ho on getting rid of what is nicknamed Obamacare. Well Obamacare is far from the answer we need for heath care coverage but this new proposal like the last one is a big step backwards. First people who now have insurance under Obamacare will lose their coverage. And I mean millions. Also it will raise a lot of rates and deductibles  on low to middle income people. Plenty of breaks for the high incomes. For people like me in that 60 something age group, we are going to pay more. Traditionally insurance charged younger people more because the way life is. In my age range you make less than you did when you were younger at least sort of depending on your career. For me and many others we didn't worry too much about Obamacare or what the next health care would be because we got our insurance through work. This bill changes that too. Rates are going to increase even more and as most of us know they have been rising steadily anyway. So how is this new bill better? What's with this Administration and Congress trying to do everything it can to undo the previous Administration's policies and laws? It's shameful and certainly won't make America great again. We're going backwards, heading to isolate America from the rest of the world. Our Allies will soon not exist.
Okay enough rant about that. Well I'm managing to blog at least once a week and it feels pretty good. Maybe I can find the time to do more than once a week. In the land long ago I remember the everyday posts. Seems like a lifetime ago...
So let's begin this new week with positive thoughts and go from there. Okay Captain......
 Engage......

2 comments:

  1. Well 80's sound good to me, but I do know having grown up in Indiana that 80's can be miserable if the humidity is high. Here today the heat index was 102 because of the high humidity. But I guess it is summer and heat and humidity is par for the course here in summer. It's just that summer lasts most of the year down here hahah.

    I don't know what is in the health care bill and maybe I don't want to know because everytime the government puts their dirty hands into anything they just make things worse. I buy private insurance and I pay over $700 a month for it with a $5000 deductible. Before Obamacare, I paid $400 a month but still with a $5000 deductible. I checked the Obamacare rates, but for me, they would be just as high and with a higher deductible. I am in that place where I don't qualify for any sort of help of any kind . Not rich, not poor, just one
    of the middle class who end up footing the bill for everything.

    I don't mind helping those who are not able to help themselves though. Elderly, disabled, children, etc...

    Anyway, everyone has their idea of what would be best, but no one can come together to do anything good for we the people, so I just live my life and hope I can make it till I die lolol.

    Have a great weekend Greg and Yes, it would be nice if you posted more. I need to step up my game too. Been kind of lazy on the blogging lately.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my insurance through work. It's not great but it's cheaper than Obamacare but the coverage isn't all that either. The new bill is going to make deep cuts in medicaid too. Plus it calls to phase it out by 2020 something. Yep the government screws up everything it touches. I've been reading about the new bill on MSN and Yahoo. Articles by people who have broke down the bill and done the comparisons between the current and the new one. Sad how us middle class folks are getting the shaft. I hear ya, hope to make it ok until I leave this world lol. Keep on smilin', it's the best we can do. xxo

      Delete