Sunday, April 7, 2019

Sunday 4-7-2019

Last Sunday I went to a concert with a friend from work. What a great show. It was at one the smaller venues which is perfect. We went to see Jon Anderson who was the lead singer for years with the band Yes. Besides the Beatles he's my all time favorite singer. It was the second show of his new 1000 Hands tour. And the release of his 1000 Hands cd. Thirty years in the making. He had some tapes sitting around in his garage that he had started working on thirty years ago then he got busy. Plus he added some new songs. It sounds like all the songs were recorded just yesterday. And of course he did Yes stuff too. It was an awesome concert. He still has a lot of energy for a man in his seventies. Anyhoo I tried to take some pics but they didn't turn out too good. Phone cameras are limited but here's one anyway.
And here's one of his new songs.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you getting out a little bit and a concert is a great way to enjoy a night out. I think your picture turned out pretty well actually. That is one uplifting song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an awesome concert! It had been 20 something years since I had been to a concert. He did this song early in the show. Sure did get everyone upbeat! I love the video especially the way they keep handing something to him. (-:

      Delete
    2. My son usually takes me to a conert once a year, otherwise I would probably never go to one lol

      Delete
    3. My friend at work knew I was sad about the losses I had so close together. We always talk about music and he also knew Jon Anderson was one of my favorite singers. So in February he comes up to me and says Jon Anderson is coming out with a new lp. He then says he's coming to concert at the rockcino not far away. It's now the MGM. Then he says "and you're going." Here he had bought the tickets and treated me to a night out to lift my spirits. I'm forever grateful because I wouldn't have gone to a concert. If I had wanted to buy tickets to a concert it would have been this one! When I was younger I went to a lot of concerts. The smaller venue that this one was at is wonderful.

      Delete