Saturday, October 7, 2017

Sunday Ramble

The week that was. A coward shattered the lives of many. The authorities look for a motive. For reasons. They need not look. There are none. Not any that would answer to those whose lives he shattered. Nor to the rest of us. Just a coward who killed and wounded many. People who would have given him the shirts off their backs if he needed it. Don't ask why. Just wonder when the next coward will shatter more lives.....
We lost another great musician this week too. Here's one of my favorites by Tom Petty, an early one and also the first song I heard by him....
 

6 comments:

  1. Refugee is my favorite Petty song.

    I have many opinions about gun control and our generation - but I generally don't agree with too many political sides and try not to stir things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Refugee. That was the second Petty song I heard.
      Already this morning the opposite sides of the gun control issue were arguing while both are saying they need to do something. Thanks for coming by Kat. There's no way to really write like this on FB.

      Delete
  2. There are a lot of theories out there about the "why" this guy did what he did. I have no idea what was in his head, whether he acted alone or had help. We never really know because people who do this almost always end up dead before any questions can be asked.
    No matter the reason though, there are many families hurting now and that is a tragedy.

    Love the song and RIP Tom ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you totally. Whatever reasons he had mean nothing to the pain and suffering he caused.
      This song is one of his best in his younger days. (-:

      Delete
  3. I'm in the minority, I'm all about gun control. There are so many "if" laws were different it wouldn't have happened. But they're not, and it did. His motive, pure evil, plain and simple. As you said, there is nothing that will make us understand why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it was up to me, the companies that make that bump stock that made his gun fire like an automatic, would be charged with conspiracy to commit murder. It's legal to make because of those "if" laws you're talking about. I gotta agree with you, he was just pure evil..

    ReplyDelete